Call Us Today
Supporting Retail And Commercial Creditors
Throughout Peoria And Central Illinois

Peoria Out-Of-State Debt Collections Attorneys

If you have been unsuccessful in attempts to cooperatively recover retail or commercial obligations from a debtor in Illinois, you may know that to enforce a judgment against that debtor you must file suit in Illinois and execute any remedies through the Illinois courts. Often, the debtor will not respond to your complaint and you will receive a default judgment. Regardless, your judgment must be registered/domesticated in Illinois so that you can take the necessary steps to collect on the debt. You will want an experienced Illinois debt collection lawyer to protect your interests.

At the Law Offices of C. Edwin Walker, in Peoria, I have provided comprehensive counsel to companies seeking to collect on retail or commercial debt for more than 30 years. I have an extensive knowledge of the laws governing the recovery of unpaid accounts receivables and other obligations, including how to register or domesticate a foreign judgment. As a sole practitioner, I personally handle all matters related to your case. I will keep you fully informed throughout the process, so that you can make the right choices to protect your interests.

For a confidential consultation, contact my office online or call me at 309-740-9114 (toll free at 888-707-7994).

Experienced Counsel For The Registration And Domestication Of Foreign Judgments

At the Law Offices of C. Edwin Walker, I have extensive experience registering foreign judgments in all courts throughout central Illinois. When you hire me to help you register or domesticate a foreign judgment in Illinois, I will carefully review what has already been done in your case to make certain you have complied with all rules set by the Illinois courts. If there are jurisdictional concerns, I want to identify them upfront, so that we can resolve them. Otherwise, your judgment may not be valid in Illinois.

Once I have confirmed that your judgment is valid, we will take the necessary steps to execute your remedies, using a wide range of resources to locate debtors or information about debtors. I know how to use Internet information libraries and credit bureau information to find Social Security numbers and addresses.

Contact My Office

To set up a meeting to discuss what you need to do to ensure proper registration and domestication of foreign judgments, contact me by e-mail or call me at 309-740-9114 (toll free at 888-707-7994). I handle the registration of foreign judgments on a contingency basis. My fee will be a percentage of the amount recovered under the judgment.